Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Saturday, July 15, 2006

quiet revelations...

If anyone knows what this sentence means, please clue me in (from the LA Times, Friday):

Bush "believes the Israelis have the right to protect themselves and that in doing so they should limit as much as possible so-called collateral damage, not only to facilities but also to human lives," White House Press Secretary Tony Snow said in Russia.

Moving on. My friend N is in Strasbourg, France right now (she left a comment on the previous post - her feelings are pretty clear on the E situation, don't you think?) N, you didn't have to say it. I am good. I really did have a revelation on Thursday night.

Thursday night, July 13, 2006, around 10:30-ish, washing face.

"I GET IT!"

It's a good feeling.

It's going to be a hot weekend in L.A.

It's the first weekend since June 9 that not I'm terrified of "empty time." Know why? Because I GET IT!

Goodbye pepto tablets. Hello appetite. Goodbye new size 6 dress. It was nice knowing you. I enjoyed our time together. I hope there will be more times, just you and me. But I think in another couple of weeks, you'll be folded up with the old jeans from high school...

Okay, that kind of sucks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Translation:
Bush: "Israelis (in his limited thought process) must always appear to be the victims." And since it will serve to advance this idea, although he does not believe in the existance of collateral damage, it should appear as though this is a concern, after all you must leave buildings to destroy and people to torture at a later date.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home