Sunday "Happenings"
I called my dad for Father's Day today but quickly discovered I was interrupting his Sunday outdoor activities so I cut the phone call short...it's his day, afterall! He goes out and "putters," as my mother and I put it. Anyway, it was this puttering that I thoughtlessly interrupted. Hope he had fun out there...
Speaking of parents, they will be in town this week to visit. I'm looking forward to it. My dad of course is from this area, so he's pretty excited to come see how it's all changed. (I'm afraid he may be disappointed, but who knows!)
I met this guy today for a lunch date thingy. Went fine. He's cute and smart and is a writer and we seemed to hit it off. No huge fireworks that would have caused us to end up screwing against the wall outside the restaurant, but just in general we seemed to mesh well. (On our first date, E and I almost did end up screwing against a wall outside of a restaurant, by the way...) Sigh. I'm trying, really I am. However, I'm afraid I'm going to need about four more of him to distract me successfully from E.
And damn if Jimmy Stewart didn't help. I watched "Anatomy of a Murder" this afternoon. Damn thing was almost three hours long. Not bad. Sexist as hell, like many films of its era. (1959) So, frustrating on that account...the secretary/paralegal of Stewart's was the principal from the Grease movies...not sure of her name.
Ex-neighbor B's wife came by this morning. I had a note taped to my door when I got in last night so I was expecting her at some point. I was just kind of hoping I would be out at lunch when she showed. No such luck...she sits down and proceeds to tell me how bad she and B are doing (which is depressing because I don't wish these two badly by any means.) But for over half an hour she was talking and finally I asked her if she needed money and when the last time she had eaten and she said, "Thursday." Needless to say I gave her some money. Does it make me a bad person that I didn't want to be here when she showed because I knew she'd be asking for money? (again) I keep putting myself in her position though and I can't imagine how awful it must be to be that desperate, and I know they both are.
Well, now that everyone's sad...it's movie time again...
Speaking of parents, they will be in town this week to visit. I'm looking forward to it. My dad of course is from this area, so he's pretty excited to come see how it's all changed. (I'm afraid he may be disappointed, but who knows!)
I met this guy today for a lunch date thingy. Went fine. He's cute and smart and is a writer and we seemed to hit it off. No huge fireworks that would have caused us to end up screwing against the wall outside the restaurant, but just in general we seemed to mesh well. (On our first date, E and I almost did end up screwing against a wall outside of a restaurant, by the way...) Sigh. I'm trying, really I am. However, I'm afraid I'm going to need about four more of him to distract me successfully from E.
And damn if Jimmy Stewart didn't help. I watched "Anatomy of a Murder" this afternoon. Damn thing was almost three hours long. Not bad. Sexist as hell, like many films of its era. (1959) So, frustrating on that account...the secretary/paralegal of Stewart's was the principal from the Grease movies...not sure of her name.
Ex-neighbor B's wife came by this morning. I had a note taped to my door when I got in last night so I was expecting her at some point. I was just kind of hoping I would be out at lunch when she showed. No such luck...she sits down and proceeds to tell me how bad she and B are doing (which is depressing because I don't wish these two badly by any means.) But for over half an hour she was talking and finally I asked her if she needed money and when the last time she had eaten and she said, "Thursday." Needless to say I gave her some money. Does it make me a bad person that I didn't want to be here when she showed because I knew she'd be asking for money? (again) I keep putting myself in her position though and I can't imagine how awful it must be to be that desperate, and I know they both are.
Well, now that everyone's sad...it's movie time again...

1 Comments:
Maybe you should prepare some food in advance and freeze it, then give it to her next time she needs money for food. Or even pick up some extra frozen food or frozen pizzas. If you keep giving her money, she'll keep coming back. Are you sure she's spending the money on food?
Post a Comment
<< Home