Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Sunday, June 11, 2006

"Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner"

That's right. The dumbest line from any movie ever. And also I couldn't think of a title, so. There's that.

Well, it looks like E and I might work it out. For the time-being, anyway. He called at almost 2 a.m. after he got home from his second job and for some reason I answered the phone...I'm glad I did though. I realized that I kept a lot from him re how I really felt about him. So I thought what the hell, I'll tell him now! (glutton for punishment, you ask?! well, duh!) So I did. The fact that he didn't immediately get off the phone with me, freak out, or otherwise shorten the conversation to 30 seconds post-confession was rather interesting. He was surprised to find out how I felt. So, cat's outta the bag. Why do I feel so much better after telling him, no matter what happens now? I don't know. I suppose what I really wanted to convey to him was that the whole thing just felt wrong; I felt like he had made a mistake and now we were both paying for it. It felt good to get that off my chest. And he didn't disagree. So we talked for over an hour and it went well and we'll just see what happens next...who knows. Could still end up with me being mighty unhappy.

Other than those happenings, it's been quite the uneventful weekend. Not to say new friend N would have had it that way. She invited me to a cabaret in W. Hollywood but I was still puking at 7 that evening (I have the world's-worst hangovers - it's amazing I ever touch the stuff), so I bailed. She told me, "Now E, you told me on Friday after work that you would try to get out of it, and for me not to let you out of it! So I'll come get you!" I'm sure it was good fun, but what I told her was that I would have been such a bump on a log that her friends would be wondering why in the world they were stuck with me that night. I like to think I spared them all from my miserable countenance...haha...

They call what happens weather-wise in the month of June in L.A. "June Gloom." Why? Well, because it's cloudy in the morning and doesn't burn off until the afternoon. So the sun is finally out and it's warming up...beautiful out there. Time to take little Simon on his walk. He's already shooting me the pitiable "take me outside!" glance on a regular basis...every 10 seconds or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger superjay said...

Jon Stewart used that quote (your title) last night in the Daily Show. So not that dumb. So you must be doing something right. That or he's stealing from you. Not going to admit that I know where it comes from.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home