Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Monday, March 06, 2006

The New Job

It went well today. I'm going to like it, I think. This is the first time I've been excited about a job in a long, long time (well, except for the wine job!) One of the new attorneys I'll be working with told me to read up on these specific sections in the California Penal Code and you know what? It's the Penal Code. It's not boring, unlike anything related whatsoever to the civil code. I got into my new office and there was the Evidence Code, and the Criminal Code, and the Penal Code. I just didn't know where to start. I was happy. I don't know how to express this or really to convey how bad off I was at my previous jobs; meaning just how bored and unhappy I actually was until now. Being given a project that I want to do and am not dreading doing. It's really almost too good to be true. The office, the work, the commute, the salary even. When will the axe fall? I was talking to C last night about this new job and she goes, "See, you did the right thing, leaving the last job!" and of course I agreed, but ...I guess I just feel like the rug's going to get ripped out from under me. Paranoid much?

C and I, dorks that we are, remained on the phone almost the entire Oscar ceremony last night, wondering what happened to the ceremony. Was it just us or was the whole show just lame? Dullsville, you know? Even with Jon Stewart...oh well. And may I just express my disappointment with the best actress Oscar going to Reese Witherspoon instead of Felicity Huffman? There, I've said it. Yes, she did a great job as June Carter. But Felicity Huffman changed genders. Genders! Genders, people! Now that's acting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sublime said...

I realize I'm a week late commenting on your post, but just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear you like your new job.

Take care,
Sublime

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home