Neuroses
I just pulled something really gross off the back of my dog's leg. It was used, he shouldn't have gone scrounging around in the garbage for it in the first place, and it had adhered to his fur...well, it was gross and we'll leave it at that.
Okay, so I had my second interview at the criminal defense firm today. I am afraid that "PLEASE HIRE ME" was possibly stenciled across my forehead during the interviews. You see, I gave myself a month. It is now March 2nd and my month is over. Why did I have to pick such a damn short month? February is a really short month! Well, anyway, it looks good, I've got my fingers crossed and I'm basically sick. The supervising attorney did call me at around 3 to discuss salary and said she'd call back in 5 minutes. It's been 48. What does this mean? Is this good or bad? It is March 2nd and my rent is due yesterday. I.can't.stand.it.
I'm at that place, at a precipice if you will, in which I can jump off into total hopelessness or end up right where I want to end up. It is strange; it is scary.
Driving home earlier up my street I had a true Hollywood experience. Allow me to explain: I turn onto my street, which is constantly lined on both sides with cars. In the middle of my lane was a big truck unloading something, blocking the lane completely. Immediately in front of me, a guy (presumably homeless) decides to push his shopping cart off the sidewalk and into the street, right down the center of my lane. So I'm behind this guy as we wait for oncoming traffic to pass, then go around the blocking truck at a snail's pace, he pushing his damn cart with all his worldly belongings. Once we cleared the truck I was able to pass him of course...oh if I had just had my camera I would have posted it. Oh well. It wasn't the first time it happened, so the opportunity should present itself again in the near future...
Okay, so I had my second interview at the criminal defense firm today. I am afraid that "PLEASE HIRE ME" was possibly stenciled across my forehead during the interviews. You see, I gave myself a month. It is now March 2nd and my month is over. Why did I have to pick such a damn short month? February is a really short month! Well, anyway, it looks good, I've got my fingers crossed and I'm basically sick. The supervising attorney did call me at around 3 to discuss salary and said she'd call back in 5 minutes. It's been 48. What does this mean? Is this good or bad? It is March 2nd and my rent is due yesterday. I.can't.stand.it.
I'm at that place, at a precipice if you will, in which I can jump off into total hopelessness or end up right where I want to end up. It is strange; it is scary.
Driving home earlier up my street I had a true Hollywood experience. Allow me to explain: I turn onto my street, which is constantly lined on both sides with cars. In the middle of my lane was a big truck unloading something, blocking the lane completely. Immediately in front of me, a guy (presumably homeless) decides to push his shopping cart off the sidewalk and into the street, right down the center of my lane. So I'm behind this guy as we wait for oncoming traffic to pass, then go around the blocking truck at a snail's pace, he pushing his damn cart with all his worldly belongings. Once we cleared the truck I was able to pass him of course...oh if I had just had my camera I would have posted it. Oh well. It wasn't the first time it happened, so the opportunity should present itself again in the near future...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home