Wine I Can't Afford
So I took the wine job, but only on a part-time, fill-in-the-holes basis...I simply can't afford to rent an apartment in L.A. on that salary. Well, I could rent a cheaper apartment and then not eat. Or push a shopping cart around with some food in it, sans apartment. Either way is not very appealing. The set-up is I will work weekends when they need someone (which they do now, obviously) and possibly some nights during the week, if it comes up. Which is nice because the owner and I want the same thing: for me to work there. Nice to have someone rooting for ya like that. And what a cool shop...I really got a look at the wine this evening and wow. He's not kidding when he says he's got one of the best inventories in the country. He's got Petrus. He's got Krug. He's got Gaja. He's got Cristal. I've never actually seen the price of a bottle of Petrus - if you've got $600 laying around, a bottle could be yours! (I forget the vintage, though.) Yikes. I've also never seen bottles of really expensive wine literally placed under a metal bar with locks...funny.
Alrighty it's kinda early but I'm off to bed. I forced myself up this morning at a relatively early hour. Besides, reading a good book...
Alrighty it's kinda early but I'm off to bed. I forced myself up this morning at a relatively early hour. Besides, reading a good book...

1 Comments:
Note to self: Don't accidently knock any bottles of the shelf.
Post a Comment
<< Home