Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

I told some of my friends of my Thanksgiving Day plans. They consisted of (not my friends, the plans) cooking an entire Thanksgiving Day meal and watching all three Godfathers. I have never seen the Godfather trilogy. I know, I know. It's a damn crying shame, and a damn crying shame I intended on putting an end to this holiday. Instead I ended up gaining 2 lbs and falling madly in love with Tony Soprano.

First of all, I can apparently make a pretty mean cheesecake. It was my first-ever cheesecake, and it turned out really well. Maybe it was beginner's luck? I don't know - whatever it was, it is slightly over 24 hours old at this point and it is also almost completely eaten. So there's the 2 lbs.

Second, when I arrived at Blockbuster on Wednesday I found that someone else had my Godfather-for-Thanksgiving-Day idea, the bastards. So, intent on the whole Mafia idea anyway, I rented the first season of the Sopranos, a show I had never seen but was always kind of interested in. And the more I watched James Gandolfini, the worse it got - the cigar-smoking, the attitude, the killing, the meaty forearms. Ohhhh, the forearms. I checked out Mr. Gandolfini on IMDb and it turns out he's unmarried. But he also lives on the East Coast, so that might put an end to our romance. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm then can I expect cheesecake for my birthday? lol

1:06 PM  
Blogger A Girl From Texas said...

I've never seen the Godfather Trilogy either. However, I love reading movie scripts and I think I read all three scripts online.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home