What in the world..?
I've been noticing my dog doing something strange the last few days. I have hardwood floors, but I have two rugs. He's licking the rugs. What does this mean? Why would a dog lick a rug? And he's not licking once or twice. He just does it and continues to do it until I notice and say, "Simon! Stop it!" Anyone ever heard of this? Now S's dog will eat rocks - or just roll them about in his mouth, and up until now that's the strangest/funniest thing I'd ever heard of a dog doing. But carpet-licking? Ideas, anyone? Is he missing a vitamin?!

6 Comments:
He could be a lesbian...did I just go for the obvious joke there? I think I did.
Have you googled it?
Here are a few:
http://www.mepuppy.com/archives/dog-general/dog-general-p-845.htm
http://www.oes.org/page2/3399~Licking_Carpet_excessive.html
Sounds like a nervous anxious sort of thing.
Sorry, one more post. This guy is supposed to be fabulous; he's a dog whisperer. I bet you might find something here.
http://cesarmillaninc.com/blog/
Jeff - Yes, that would be the obvious joke.
Shmanessa - I would have had to drop tasty somethings on every square inch of each rug!
Texas Girl - Thanks! I'll check out those links.
He probably pissed on the rug previously :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home