Monday Morning Reality Check
I called my sister on my way to work this morning - the traffic was backed up on Hollywood, so I went down to Sunset and all the people that were blocked on Hollywood had had the same idea, so there we all sat, and I was 3 minutes late to work.
As my sister and I were talking, I told her about the little complaints I had been having over the last week and as these complaints were being vocalized, I realized how petty and trivial they actually were.
These issues keep me up at night? This is really all I have to worry about?
I stopped in mid-sentence (hell, mid-paragraph) and said that to her. I also told her not to let me go on and on about such trivial matters and tell me to shut the fuck up next time! She laughed and said that's what life is all about - trivial, petty stuff. The big stuff doesn't happen all the time, so for the most part, we're consumed with these little trivial diversions.
I suppose she's right. But everyone wants to be more noble, don't they? Or they think they are noble already.
In any case, it was nice to have a reality check, even if I gave it to myself. Maybe those are the best kind.
As my sister and I were talking, I told her about the little complaints I had been having over the last week and as these complaints were being vocalized, I realized how petty and trivial they actually were.
These issues keep me up at night? This is really all I have to worry about?
I stopped in mid-sentence (hell, mid-paragraph) and said that to her. I also told her not to let me go on and on about such trivial matters and tell me to shut the fuck up next time! She laughed and said that's what life is all about - trivial, petty stuff. The big stuff doesn't happen all the time, so for the most part, we're consumed with these little trivial diversions.
I suppose she's right. But everyone wants to be more noble, don't they? Or they think they are noble already.
In any case, it was nice to have a reality check, even if I gave it to myself. Maybe those are the best kind.

1 Comments:
I guess you got the memo that I got. You know, the one that said that life is supposed to be this huge exciting experience? Well, apparently it was sent by the mean people... The real memo sent out previously, said life is a looong yawning fest!!!
That's what Devin told me!!! I am still trying to believe that the second memo writers were not mean!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home