Jaded-ness and the Omentum
It's official. I am one jaded woman. Nice Guy has come along and I haven't a clue what to do with him. I keep trying to find ways to ditch him, even though he seems sincere. Surely there is something huge and monstrous he is keeping from me, to unleash at the very moment I decide to let my guard down. Any number of things, such as herpes, a hidden crack habit, five of his children located with their mother in a commune in Oregon, or perhaps a religious streak he's just waiting to spring on me. Perhaps he's a Scientologist. He says he isn't, but that could obviously be a facade. He's even made fun of the Scientologists along with me which is even more suspicious! We'll just see how long he sticks around trying to hide his Big Secret, all the while acting out Mr. Nice Guy. Try to squeeze something by on me. Jerk.
So it finally rained here in L.A. That's kinda news. Or not.
Here's an excerpt from an article titled "Fast Food Cravings Conquered!" from MSN:
"Fast food is a way of life. The typical American eats three hamburgers and four orders of fries each week."
What?! Is that true?
Does anyone actually know anyone that eats that much fast food in a week?! When I was a vegetarian, I went years without eating it. When I started eating meat again, fast food was like this brand new world to be discovered, things I had never tried before or hadn't eaten in years, and oh the fun! (Funny how that goes - no more conscience, lots more fun...)
But three burgers a week? Why would you do this to your body? I'm not exactly a health nut, but I gotta draw the line way before three burgers a week.
This makes me think of the omentum. And yeah, that's a link to the Oprah show, where I learned about the omentum. (Go ahead, make fun, but that omentum is pretty damn interesting.) Something about that story and looking at that omentum did something to me. Anyway, it didn't do enough to sway me from becoming the Cheesecake Over-Eater during Thanksgiving, but hey, Thanksgiving only comes around once a year, and it's not like I'm chowing down on three slices of cheesecake a week... with fries.
So it finally rained here in L.A. That's kinda news. Or not.
Here's an excerpt from an article titled "Fast Food Cravings Conquered!" from MSN:
"Fast food is a way of life. The typical American eats three hamburgers and four orders of fries each week."
What?! Is that true?
Does anyone actually know anyone that eats that much fast food in a week?! When I was a vegetarian, I went years without eating it. When I started eating meat again, fast food was like this brand new world to be discovered, things I had never tried before or hadn't eaten in years, and oh the fun! (Funny how that goes - no more conscience, lots more fun...)
But three burgers a week? Why would you do this to your body? I'm not exactly a health nut, but I gotta draw the line way before three burgers a week.
This makes me think of the omentum. And yeah, that's a link to the Oprah show, where I learned about the omentum. (Go ahead, make fun, but that omentum is pretty damn interesting.) Something about that story and looking at that omentum did something to me. Anyway, it didn't do enough to sway me from becoming the Cheesecake Over-Eater during Thanksgiving, but hey, Thanksgiving only comes around once a year, and it's not like I'm chowing down on three slices of cheesecake a week... with fries.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home