Near Miss
I almost ran right over her. It was Monday afternoon and the weather was weird and hazy and cloudy and people were driving badly (myself included, apparently) and when I reached Santa Monica Blvd. to make that right and the light was just then turning red, I took it. And almost hit her.
I had seen her the Sat before. Bubble-gum pink high heels. Sitting in a wheelchair. Old woman with a bouffant of gray hair. Legs scratching forward quickly and pulling the whole ensemble along at lighting speed toward the light at La Brea. Wheelchair used to rest the ass although the legs seemed to work quite well.
Now it was Mon and I was turning on a red and I caught sight of those pink heels flashing toward me on the passenger side as I glided by, shifting into second gear. Just missed her.
Damn I wish I had a picture to post...
I had seen her the Sat before. Bubble-gum pink high heels. Sitting in a wheelchair. Old woman with a bouffant of gray hair. Legs scratching forward quickly and pulling the whole ensemble along at lighting speed toward the light at La Brea. Wheelchair used to rest the ass although the legs seemed to work quite well.
Now it was Mon and I was turning on a red and I caught sight of those pink heels flashing toward me on the passenger side as I glided by, shifting into second gear. Just missed her.
Damn I wish I had a picture to post...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home