Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another Job Update

Well, I am off to yet another new job next week. Amazing, isn't it? I don't leave a job for three years in Texas, and then I move to L.A. and manage to get five. Yes, FIVE. Five in a six month period. Dear god that can't speak well for me. But alas. My mother likes to bring up the Seinfeld episode in which Jerry reserves a rental car, goes down to pick it up, and is told by the agent that there are no cars left. He says something like: "You know how to take the reservation, but not how to keep the reservation, which is really the most important part!" So my mother says I can get a job, I just can't seem to keep the job...yeah, she's a funny one, she is.

Anyway, about the job. I'm excited - it's in Hollywood. We'll leave it at that. I weird out giving too much personal info on the blog here, just in case I want to really piss someone off I can do it somewhat anonymously...but yes, it's close by, so no more commuting to the Valley. And as much as I do sincerely like New Boss, he reminds me WAY too much of my friend Mike in D.C. which means the two of us argue incessantly. About anything, mostly trivial. Today it was about golf courses. Yesterday the mail. Last week the damn stupid 'RUSH' stamp on the fax. It's endless and it's ridiculous. New Job came up and it felt like fate, as much as I don't even really believe in fate. We'll see if I can keep it...because it's really the most important part! Thanks, Mom.

I got my hair cut on Saturday. He didn't cut my bangs short enough so I found myself in the bathroom this morning cursing him and looking at my bad, misbehaving hair. So I cut it my damn self. Yeah, that was a mistake. Reminded myself real fast why you pay people to cut your hair...anyway, it's not too bad. Just a little off the side, um...just a little bit.

Here's a damn funny site if you haven't had yet had the joy of reading. C sent it to me and it's brought me hours of that wonderful, elusive laughter that is immediate and sincere and all too rare. You know the kind: sudden loud guffaw...who doesn't love the sudden loud guffaw?

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/

2 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

i too have attempted to cut my bangs. actually...i GAVE myself bangs when all i wanted to do was fix my front layers. and like you, i was reminded why "hair dresser" is a profession.

good luck with the new job!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Thanks for the laugh... Love that Seinfeld episode...

Keep the faith,
Sublime

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home