Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Quiet Time

You close your eyes and sit squarely in the center of your sofa. You're a little worn from work; talking with stupid clerks on the phone and persistant bill collectors asking about your boss's client's bankruptcy. There was a lot of traffic you witnessed within a 10 hour period. You hold a glass of wine in your hand and mute the TV.

Your eyes are closed. You're already anticipating the second sip of wine.

What do you hear?

Silence.

Except for -

THE RELENTLESS GUITAR-PLAYING UPSTAIRS NEIGHBOR BELTING OUT THE SAME EXACT SONG HE'S BEEN BELTING OUT FOR ALMOST SIX MONTHS!!!! Something about 'gimme some love, gimme some happiness' blah blah blah.

Sheesh.

So I've noticed recently a new trend in handbags. For you fashion-savvy folks, you know what I'm talking about: the new handbags are large. Very large. With studs, bright colors, fringe, and/or all of the above. Quite obviously, handbags and purses used to be quite a bit smaller until the Fashion God decided the BIG BAG was IN NOW and ALL BOW TO THE BIG BAG. So I'm at this grocery store down the street earlier in the week and I see one of these women pushing a cart with one of these new large bags in the cart. Now that bag took up a lot of space. This is the question that has been on my mind and is bugging me: what are women putting in the bags? What do they do? Pack a set of overnight clothes? Their entire toiletry (sp?) entourage? Severed heads? I'm just curious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home