Lunatic Boss, Stupid Weather, Great Movie
My boss and I had our first fight yesterday. He made a little joke on Wednesday, something to the effect of, "You didn't know you were going to be practicing law, did you?" in regards to a privilege log he had to produce. I was under the impression that my role in this privilege log situation was as follows: find the attorneys who represented Mr. X in various lawsuits, contact them, ask for all correspondence to and from Mr. X they had in their files, and get it to us. Now they could make a list of the correspondence, or fax the actual correspondence, or I could go to their offices and write it down myself. That's what I thought my responsibilities were. Apparently not. I was supposed to do all of that, then create the actual log. This is what I did: I found three different attorneys that represented Mr. X in various lawsuits. I contacted them all, including their assistants. I hounded them all week until 2 of them produced what we needed. The other one I had no luck with. I told my boss this mid-morning yesterday. The log is due end of day yesterday. I left it in his hands. At 5:30 he runs out of his office and asks in a panic, "Where's the privilege log?!" and I said, "I told you where we were on the privilege log!" He proceeds to shit his pants, have a meltdown, says he was testing me and waiting all day to see if I would say anything. I argued my point, let him babble until he calmed down, and then he called the third attorney (like I told him to mid-morning!) and got it all straightened out. I also drafted the privilege log in a record 5 minutes. Never done one before. What is annoying about this situation is that I dropped the stupid log because he foisted a ton of billing at me, bills that just had to go out that day, and in between foisting these stupid bills at me, kept his door shut! Now I have learned that if there is a pressing matter with this lunatic, I should jump up and down and scream at him until he pulls his head out of his ass and that I cannot leave anything with him and assume he's working on it. So no, New Boss, I did not know I would be practicing law when I took this job.
There, got that out.
Okay, this rain and cold business is getting old. Nothing but cold and rain since I've lived here. No wonder I keep getting sick. We'll get a nice break of warm 75-80 for a day or so, and then bam! Cold and rain. Where do I have to go to get warm? Where's warm without blistering humidity and no cold? Where is this place that eludes me??
Saw the movie 'Proof' last night. You know what it showed me? Proof that the Academy is STUPID. Anthony Hopkins and Gwyneth Paltrow both deserved Oscar noms for this movie. It is a great movie, on so many, many, many levels...I highly recommend it. But keep some tissue on hand because the performances and the story are that good...
Oh ugh. It's that weekend. The springing forward weekend. I really hate that...
There, got that out.
Okay, this rain and cold business is getting old. Nothing but cold and rain since I've lived here. No wonder I keep getting sick. We'll get a nice break of warm 75-80 for a day or so, and then bam! Cold and rain. Where do I have to go to get warm? Where's warm without blistering humidity and no cold? Where is this place that eludes me??
Saw the movie 'Proof' last night. You know what it showed me? Proof that the Academy is STUPID. Anthony Hopkins and Gwyneth Paltrow both deserved Oscar noms for this movie. It is a great movie, on so many, many, many levels...I highly recommend it. But keep some tissue on hand because the performances and the story are that good...
Oh ugh. It's that weekend. The springing forward weekend. I really hate that...

1 Comments:
a few things:
1. be careful what you blog about. see here for reasons: http://www.dooce.com/about.html
2. i am visiting LA right now and have been highly frustrated with the norcal weather you are experiencing. i feel you frustration
and 3. movie recomendation noted. perhaps i will check it out this weekend.
Post a Comment
<< Home