Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Saturday, February 18, 2006

More Mind-Numbing Minutae of My Life

The interview last night went really well. Turns out the owner of the place is a lawyer who used to practice toxic tort litigation so we had ourselves a nice long chat about why we both hated toxic torts and how it ended up driving him out of law practice and me possibly out of being a paralegal...small world. Anyway, he's very concerned that I can't make ends meet working for him...he said there are a lot of opportunities for extra money and that he would raise often, but for me it would still be a huge adjustment, finance-wise. He told me to mull it over and call him on Monday after lunch.

It's just that I love that place already! The basement is FULL of cases of wine. And not crap wine. I mean, good wine - from all over the world. That fantastic bottle of champagne I drank on New Years? Cases of it. And, get this, I get to buy the wine at cost! So $25 to you means about $12 for me...and I get to try everything that comes in so I can sell it! And he said recently he took two staff with him to a BORDEAUX wine tasting and that every owner of all the 'well-known' chateux from France was there, and they tasted all of the 2000 vintage....oh my god holy shitballs - this is beyond my imagination ---oh sigh...anyway, and in two weeks is a huge California tasting event and he's going there too and taking some staff.

Here's the problem: money. BIG HURDLE. What do to, what to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sublime said...

Drink on it and decide in the morning. Afterall, it's Sunday and you don't have to work tomorrow.

I say go for it! Life is too short to work every day in a law office bored stiff and unhappy. The money will find it's way to you one way or another.

Cheers!
Sublime

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home