Motto is Mundane Monday...
Well, there's just not a whole lot going on in my little world right now. Daily activities are currently consisting of spending quality time with Simon, taking Simon on unnecessary and frequent walks, and watching The People's Court. What's really fun about The People's Court is that it comes on twice a day. But what's frustrating is that I can't seem to find Judge Judy. Ah well.
Met one of my neighbors today while bringing Simon out into the sun for another unnecessary walk. He's one of those strength-of-iron handshakers. He and B were hanging out, talking, doing nothing. Geez, I fit right in...anyway, B was going on about his current illness, explaining why I hadn't seen him in awhile. Been sick, again. The man is perpetually sick, and this time the reason is the hole in his roof and the rain got in or somesuch. The rain, B? What rain? It's been like 80 degrees the last two weeks with constant sunshine! Well I gave up trying to make any sense of B's life about 5 minutes after I met him, and today was no different...
B brought over (different B) an "advance copy" of The Matador on Sunday night. I didn't ask how he got an advance copy. Anyway, it's a pretty damn good movie. Then I spilled wine on him (B, not the matador). Smooth. It was actually a result of being completely off-kilter all that day. S and I had this long drunken conversation on Saturday night and she was telling me to call someone and do something, and I wasn't going to even though I had crazycabinfever. But E ended up coming by and alievated said crazycabinfever. But, at the price of not getting to sleep until well after 5 a.m. You know, I'm just too old to stay up all night. Too damn old.
Being unemployed you end up walking this very strange, fine line between blissful enjoyment of not-having-anything-to-do and total fear mixed with depression. It's an odd place to be.
I was thinking that since my blog rarely contains any words of wisdom or anything really of substance lately or ever, that I would just start taking pictures of stuff. Anything interesting, unique, or worth commenting on. And just posting the picture with a caption of some sort. So there's that.
Met one of my neighbors today while bringing Simon out into the sun for another unnecessary walk. He's one of those strength-of-iron handshakers. He and B were hanging out, talking, doing nothing. Geez, I fit right in...anyway, B was going on about his current illness, explaining why I hadn't seen him in awhile. Been sick, again. The man is perpetually sick, and this time the reason is the hole in his roof and the rain got in or somesuch. The rain, B? What rain? It's been like 80 degrees the last two weeks with constant sunshine! Well I gave up trying to make any sense of B's life about 5 minutes after I met him, and today was no different...
B brought over (different B) an "advance copy" of The Matador on Sunday night. I didn't ask how he got an advance copy. Anyway, it's a pretty damn good movie. Then I spilled wine on him (B, not the matador). Smooth. It was actually a result of being completely off-kilter all that day. S and I had this long drunken conversation on Saturday night and she was telling me to call someone and do something, and I wasn't going to even though I had crazycabinfever. But E ended up coming by and alievated said crazycabinfever. But, at the price of not getting to sleep until well after 5 a.m. You know, I'm just too old to stay up all night. Too damn old.
Being unemployed you end up walking this very strange, fine line between blissful enjoyment of not-having-anything-to-do and total fear mixed with depression. It's an odd place to be.
I was thinking that since my blog rarely contains any words of wisdom or anything really of substance lately or ever, that I would just start taking pictures of stuff. Anything interesting, unique, or worth commenting on. And just posting the picture with a caption of some sort. So there's that.

1 Comments:
"Being unemployed you end up walking this very strange, fine line between blissful enjoyment of not-having-anything-to-do and total fear mixed with depression. It's an odd place to be."
Elizabeth, you speak more truth and wisdom than you know.... *LOL*
Enjoy the sun, it's COLD here!
Take care,
Sublime
Post a Comment
<< Home