Hump Day
Okay, so I had a little meltdown-type thing. (see previous entry) I do that every once in awhile. Starting to think it's in my molecular makeup. God how annoying. Not just for me, either.
Guess I'll have to break the news
That I got no mind to lose...
Now I guess I'll have to tell'em
That I got no cerebellum...
Well, anyway. I digress into the Ramones...
So my mother informs me she reads my blog. Which is a little weird because...well, it's a little weird. But like I said last night, I don't mind!...it just surprised me...so, hi there! Aren't those lyrics up there hysterically funny? What's cool about your mother reading your blog is that she thinks everything I write in here is brilliant. Which is kinda nice.
Going to see "Hostel" this weekend. When I first saw the ads they kept mentioning Tarantino but it was unclear how he was actually involved. Now they're saying, 'presented by' Quentin Tarantino, which E explained to me means he's the executive producer. Well, big fuckin' deal. He's the producer. Ah well, I want to see it anyway.
So I was reading this ridiculous article today about Alito's wife running from the hearings today in tears because the evil Democrats were questioning her hubby too harshly. Then I read another article about one of the witnesses being cut because he had written an article supporting PETA and in it had compared what we do to animals to what happened to the Jews in the Holocaust...so this was actually a key witness because he attended Princeton (Alito's alma mater) and reported on this little club Alito was a member of (and just can't recall being a part of now) that wanted to push Princeton to 'cap' entrance to Princeton of women and minorities. Another interesting turn was the fight between Kennedy and Spector (was it Spector?) about Kennedy requesting documents and Spector denying he received the request. One article ended it there, another article reported that Kennedy's staff provided proof at the hearing today that someone in Spector's office actually responded to the request, even though Spector flat-out denied he had received it...interesting day. Well, I'm not sure why I even bothered to read about this today because he will be confirmed and that's all there is to it, really. Life goes on...
Had this bizarro conversation with our computer/tech guy at work today. He was loading updates to my computer so I just sat and waited, and he tells me he used to be a Marine and almost became a cop for the LAPD. He went through the psychological testing, went on a ton of rides with the officers, etc. Anyway, he tells me that he knew he couldn't do it because on one of these rides with the officers, they were in south-central or someplace, in gang territory, and he says, "I HATE gangs" and then proceeds to tell me that he had to help back up these two cops, and one of the cops caught one of these gang members and just started beating the shit out of him, and he tells me liked it. So he knew right then that he couldn't do this for a living, for fear of what he might become. I have to say, even though he told me that and I find it abhorrent that he liked witnessing a cop beat up a guy (gang member or no), it took some real introspection to realize it just wasn't the career for him...anyway, interesting. What's truly disturbing to me is that the police psychologist did not pick up on this hatred of his...that is scary.
Guess I'll have to break the news
That I got no mind to lose...
Now I guess I'll have to tell'em
That I got no cerebellum...
Well, anyway. I digress into the Ramones...
So my mother informs me she reads my blog. Which is a little weird because...well, it's a little weird. But like I said last night, I don't mind!...it just surprised me...so, hi there! Aren't those lyrics up there hysterically funny? What's cool about your mother reading your blog is that she thinks everything I write in here is brilliant. Which is kinda nice.
Going to see "Hostel" this weekend. When I first saw the ads they kept mentioning Tarantino but it was unclear how he was actually involved. Now they're saying, 'presented by' Quentin Tarantino, which E explained to me means he's the executive producer. Well, big fuckin' deal. He's the producer. Ah well, I want to see it anyway.
So I was reading this ridiculous article today about Alito's wife running from the hearings today in tears because the evil Democrats were questioning her hubby too harshly. Then I read another article about one of the witnesses being cut because he had written an article supporting PETA and in it had compared what we do to animals to what happened to the Jews in the Holocaust...so this was actually a key witness because he attended Princeton (Alito's alma mater) and reported on this little club Alito was a member of (and just can't recall being a part of now) that wanted to push Princeton to 'cap' entrance to Princeton of women and minorities. Another interesting turn was the fight between Kennedy and Spector (was it Spector?) about Kennedy requesting documents and Spector denying he received the request. One article ended it there, another article reported that Kennedy's staff provided proof at the hearing today that someone in Spector's office actually responded to the request, even though Spector flat-out denied he had received it...interesting day. Well, I'm not sure why I even bothered to read about this today because he will be confirmed and that's all there is to it, really. Life goes on...
Had this bizarro conversation with our computer/tech guy at work today. He was loading updates to my computer so I just sat and waited, and he tells me he used to be a Marine and almost became a cop for the LAPD. He went through the psychological testing, went on a ton of rides with the officers, etc. Anyway, he tells me that he knew he couldn't do it because on one of these rides with the officers, they were in south-central or someplace, in gang territory, and he says, "I HATE gangs" and then proceeds to tell me that he had to help back up these two cops, and one of the cops caught one of these gang members and just started beating the shit out of him, and he tells me liked it. So he knew right then that he couldn't do this for a living, for fear of what he might become. I have to say, even though he told me that and I find it abhorrent that he liked witnessing a cop beat up a guy (gang member or no), it took some real introspection to realize it just wasn't the career for him...anyway, interesting. What's truly disturbing to me is that the police psychologist did not pick up on this hatred of his...that is scary.

1 Comments:
i found out my parents (and a few aunts/uncles) read my blog too. freaked me out at first, but then i decided that i'm 23 and i really shouldn't be afraid of my family finding out what i think or how i feel about things. and like your mom, my family thinks everything i write is oh -so-witty and smart. ha...
i'm hoping to see hostel this weekend as well. enjoy!
Post a Comment
<< Home