Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Fucking Tuesday

You wouldn't think that there are skunks living in Hollywood, but there are. Every so often, I awake in the wee hours with my nose crinkled up, smelling that skunk smell, being transported back to my childhood and teenage years growing up in rural Texas and smelling skunks on a fairly regular basis, only to awaken at 30, in Los Angeles, a little confused.

Had to purchase a new cell phone today. Cell phones do not come cheap. When I moved here I switched carriers because I was getting a really lousy signal in my apartment. My new phone arrived on a rainy morning in October, and I was so happy unwrapping it, looking at it, all new and smooth and flip-phony and with a camera! Well, it was morning, and I had some coffee in a cup, and I managed to deposit my brand-new phone into the cup of coffee. It didn't work the first day I had it so I just waited and used my old phone. Then the next day, as if my magic, it worked! Until Sunday night. Why it took so long to decide to die is beyond me...

Still haven't accepted the position officially at work. Looking into other options currently. I'm deciding this week.

I just deleted this little snippet of my personal life that I had just written because it made me seem a little...unscrupulous... someone needs to make an honest woman of me. Really.

Jesus, Powdered Toast or Flapping whatever you call yourself, it's Tuesday night! Lay off the liquor!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sublime said...

AHHH! I've been gone so long from Blog world that I totally missed you having moved to a new URL.

Glad you left a bread crumb trail...lol. Just stopping in to say hey. Nice to see you answer over at The Big Question from time to time.

Take care,
Sublime

7:20 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

hope this tuesday is going better than last...

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home