Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Monday, February 07, 2011

Career...last gasp...

Last week I started volunteer legal work for an organization that assists low income people with their legal problems and also assists people seeking restraining orders. Most of the people who volunteer for the organization are lawyers and paralegals - some of whom are newly graduated and unable to find a job. I am hoping to actually make good use of my time, along with learn new skills. There's only so much job searching you can do when there aren't any jobs. Also, I don't get a call back for the jobs I do happen to find and send my resume to - so it's very discouraging. I am hoping I won't have to change careers, but I may not have a choice in the matter. I am damn lucky this organization actually had a spot open for me. As it turns out, the last few days I've been fighting for duties there - four days in and it's already paying off. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home