Flapping Squirrel Tail

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues - (the real) Elizabeth Taylor

Monday, November 03, 2008

Shirt on a lamp

I just pulled two loads of laundry out of the machine, and yet one shirt, the ridiculous tie-dyed number I want to sleep in, is still damp, so now it sits on top of a lamp drying. Ghetto dryer.

I'm sitting here listening to "Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio thinking I'm a total dumbass for not realizing the damn thing is about werewolves. All this time, all these months grooving on this song, thinking it's probably the best song I've heard in the last five years or so, and I just now get that it's about freakin' werewolves. And did you notice the title? It's in the TITLE! Lordy. Although, in all fairness, the singer is impossible to understand. So there.

Thinking about election day tomorrow. I want to be excited. But I don't believe we'll have a definitive answer to who "won" for quite some time, and then I think the person who actually does win will not occupy the White House. Considering the last two elections, I'm just so very jaded. I want to vote for a third party, but I won't. I'll vote for Obama, and this is my very simple reason: McCain and his wife have 10+ personal vehicles, and Obama and his wife have one American SUV hybrid that they share. This could be the worst thing you could hear about Obama, or it could be the best thing. For me, it's the best thing. I grew up how I grew up, and don't aspire to enormous wealth, and don't want a president who only represents those who do.

Enough of that shit.

In a "new" relationship. I remain terrified during my waking hours. This is because I'm certain something will go wrong and I'll lose this person, and he means too damn much for me to lose him. Halloween we went out and I told him I didn't know if I could do it. He convinced me I could do it. We spent all weekend together and I'm still sitting here thinking, I can't do this. I'm not needy, calling him every five minutes, or any of that shit. I'm just paranoid, waiting for the other shoe to fall. And if you read this blog in the past and remember me talking of E, he's the one. Finally getting who I want, and now I'm too damn scared to take him. Ironic, no?

And it's sleepy time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home