President's Day!
It is just too alien to write in this blog. I've tried several times since my last posting and it feels like someone else should be writing in it and I scrap what I've attempted.
Had a three day weekend. I say 'had' because here it is 9:04 on Monday evening, President's Day. Anyhow the weather's been great. Low 70s and sunny. We designated today as the day we'd take the mountain bikes out to a new place and take a long ride. This morning we awaken to ...30s and cloudy. It got up to a balmy 52 and the clouds stuck around, and the wind started up. Nowhere in Marin County would it be comfortable out on a bike. Frustrating.
Another frustrating thing is how season 3 of Downton Abbey ended. I watched it online tonight instead of last night with the rest of the Downton folks. Really? Seriously? The writers did THAT? I just don't know if I can hang for season 4.
Gardening is complicated. Two weekends ago I planted baby romaine and butter lettuces and spinach. A few days passed and then something happened to them. Big jagged tears were taken out of them and then pieces of them left on the ground. I couldn't find a culprit and damned if Google didn't help me out when I googled "jagged tears out of lettuce plant." Try that one. It will get you nowhere.
Jesus god I am so boring now. If anyone's reading this then I just have to ask you...why are you reading this?! Did I have a lobotomy somewhere along the way?
I'm getting married. (That still sounds weird.) B proposed in December. We bought a house last year and adopted a dog so either we needed to get married or I needed to take the dog back to mother's house. What? I don't know. Anyway it feels right. It doesn't, however, feel like it should be this huge affair. I mean about having a wedding and guests and a cake and all that wedding crap. It's never been anything I've been interested in - weddings, that is. I had to promise my friend C that I'd at least get a decent dress in "ivory or white." I can do that, but I'm not spending a ton of cash. My plan is to take the ferry into San Francisco, walk on over to City Hall, get married, have a drink and some food at a nice pub afterwards, and ride the ferry back home. B was on board with that (pardon the dumb pun). It turns out that my uncle and his wife married at San Francisco City Hall (in the 60s), so it's a tradition!
There's all that. For some reason I feel hesitant, in a way, about telling people. It's not that I'm not happy. It just feels...a bit overdue. Does that make sense? I'm pushing 40 and most people are onto their second marriages by now and I'm just getting started. I guess the big production of some announcement, wedding, and party seems a bit silly. I just want it to be us.
Had a three day weekend. I say 'had' because here it is 9:04 on Monday evening, President's Day. Anyhow the weather's been great. Low 70s and sunny. We designated today as the day we'd take the mountain bikes out to a new place and take a long ride. This morning we awaken to ...30s and cloudy. It got up to a balmy 52 and the clouds stuck around, and the wind started up. Nowhere in Marin County would it be comfortable out on a bike. Frustrating.
Another frustrating thing is how season 3 of Downton Abbey ended. I watched it online tonight instead of last night with the rest of the Downton folks. Really? Seriously? The writers did THAT? I just don't know if I can hang for season 4.
Gardening is complicated. Two weekends ago I planted baby romaine and butter lettuces and spinach. A few days passed and then something happened to them. Big jagged tears were taken out of them and then pieces of them left on the ground. I couldn't find a culprit and damned if Google didn't help me out when I googled "jagged tears out of lettuce plant." Try that one. It will get you nowhere.
Jesus god I am so boring now. If anyone's reading this then I just have to ask you...why are you reading this?! Did I have a lobotomy somewhere along the way?
I'm getting married. (That still sounds weird.) B proposed in December. We bought a house last year and adopted a dog so either we needed to get married or I needed to take the dog back to mother's house. What? I don't know. Anyway it feels right. It doesn't, however, feel like it should be this huge affair. I mean about having a wedding and guests and a cake and all that wedding crap. It's never been anything I've been interested in - weddings, that is. I had to promise my friend C that I'd at least get a decent dress in "ivory or white." I can do that, but I'm not spending a ton of cash. My plan is to take the ferry into San Francisco, walk on over to City Hall, get married, have a drink and some food at a nice pub afterwards, and ride the ferry back home. B was on board with that (pardon the dumb pun). It turns out that my uncle and his wife married at San Francisco City Hall (in the 60s), so it's a tradition!
There's all that. For some reason I feel hesitant, in a way, about telling people. It's not that I'm not happy. It just feels...a bit overdue. Does that make sense? I'm pushing 40 and most people are onto their second marriages by now and I'm just getting started. I guess the big production of some announcement, wedding, and party seems a bit silly. I just want it to be us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home