In the Spirit of the Oscars...
Can't help it. I live in Hollywood, and my working world is part of the movie industry bubble. It's like this stuff matters or something.
So I want to list who I think will win, and then who I want to win (in italics). I know you're waiting with baited breath. Really, I can't wait to type it out! And I'm skipping the sound editing and all that crap that no one pays attention to anyway because to be honest, I wouldn't know a good sound editing job if I heard it - unless it's really obvious like, damn, that sounds great! That sounded much better than that last movie I just watched! If it's that easy, I could take a stab at it, but nah. Here are the nominees.
Best Picture:
Babel.
Little Miss Sunshine or Letters from Iwo Jima or The Departed (okay no, I haven't seen Letters yet. But I think if this is what they say is better than Flags of Our Fathers, it should win. And Little Miss Sunshine kicked some serious ass and so did the Departed - I'd be happy seeing any of those three win. Haven't seen Babel. I'm turned off by the director because his theme is always the same, regardless of how good his stories are...maybe I should let that go?)
Best Director:
Martin Scorsese.
Martin Scorsese (please...PLEASE GIVE THIS MAN AN OSCAR.)
Best Actress:
Helen Mirren.
Kate Winslet.
Best Actor:
Forest Whitaker
Ryan Gosling/Forest Whitaker
Supporting Actress:
Jennifer Hudson.
Jennifer Hudson.
Support Actor:
Eddie Murphy.
Jackie Earle Haley.
The only foreign language film I've seen at the movies this year was Pan's Labyrinth. Does Apocalypto really count? Neh. Pan's Labyrinth was excellent - I'd like to see it win in its categories...and what group of brainiacs was responsible for nominating the Black DAHLIA for cinematography?! Good lord, people. Are you kidding me?! That was the lamest movie released this year! Why the hell didn't the Razzies get hold of this gem?! They beat up on Lady in the Water instead? Deep sigh.
So I want to list who I think will win, and then who I want to win (in italics). I know you're waiting with baited breath. Really, I can't wait to type it out! And I'm skipping the sound editing and all that crap that no one pays attention to anyway because to be honest, I wouldn't know a good sound editing job if I heard it - unless it's really obvious like, damn, that sounds great! That sounded much better than that last movie I just watched! If it's that easy, I could take a stab at it, but nah. Here are the nominees.
Best Picture:
Babel.
Little Miss Sunshine or Letters from Iwo Jima or The Departed (okay no, I haven't seen Letters yet. But I think if this is what they say is better than Flags of Our Fathers, it should win. And Little Miss Sunshine kicked some serious ass and so did the Departed - I'd be happy seeing any of those three win. Haven't seen Babel. I'm turned off by the director because his theme is always the same, regardless of how good his stories are...maybe I should let that go?)
Best Director:
Martin Scorsese.
Martin Scorsese (please...PLEASE GIVE THIS MAN AN OSCAR.)
Best Actress:
Helen Mirren.
Kate Winslet.
Best Actor:
Forest Whitaker
Ryan Gosling/Forest Whitaker
Supporting Actress:
Jennifer Hudson.
Jennifer Hudson.
Support Actor:
Eddie Murphy.
Jackie Earle Haley.
The only foreign language film I've seen at the movies this year was Pan's Labyrinth. Does Apocalypto really count? Neh. Pan's Labyrinth was excellent - I'd like to see it win in its categories...and what group of brainiacs was responsible for nominating the Black DAHLIA for cinematography?! Good lord, people. Are you kidding me?! That was the lamest movie released this year! Why the hell didn't the Razzies get hold of this gem?! They beat up on Lady in the Water instead? Deep sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home