Dear Mr. Tarantino:
You're my favorite director. Your pal Robert Rodriguez is one of my favorites.
But the what the fuck, man? You took out a reel of your new movie to simulate a cheap-theatre-going experience? That's not cool. It's annoying. Did you also simulate a crying baby and a sticky floor? How about the smell of some asshole chowing down on a hot dog and then burping the rest of the entire movie?
I want a refund on that empty portion of the film. Say the ticket is $10 (easy number for simplicity's sake) and it's 2 hours long, so that's 120 minutes, so it evens out to about .08 a minute. If the missing reel is less than a minute, then um...okay fuck it. This is obviously not something in which you can place a monetary value.
Let's try another tack. You sit in the movie with me and when the missing reel is evident, I will hit you over the head with my water bottle which I will no doubt have with me. How's that? Because being hit over your brilliant head will be as annoying and frustrating (but not nearly as pointless) as watching a probably great movie and then having a scene cut out because the director is weird and gets off on annoying his fans.
Deal? Besides, I'd really love to meet you. I'll just get the little 20 oz bottle of water too since I like you so much. But it doesn't mean I won't enjoy hitting you over the head with it.
But the what the fuck, man? You took out a reel of your new movie to simulate a cheap-theatre-going experience? That's not cool. It's annoying. Did you also simulate a crying baby and a sticky floor? How about the smell of some asshole chowing down on a hot dog and then burping the rest of the entire movie?
I want a refund on that empty portion of the film. Say the ticket is $10 (easy number for simplicity's sake) and it's 2 hours long, so that's 120 minutes, so it evens out to about .08 a minute. If the missing reel is less than a minute, then um...okay fuck it. This is obviously not something in which you can place a monetary value.
Let's try another tack. You sit in the movie with me and when the missing reel is evident, I will hit you over the head with my water bottle which I will no doubt have with me. How's that? Because being hit over your brilliant head will be as annoying and frustrating (but not nearly as pointless) as watching a probably great movie and then having a scene cut out because the director is weird and gets off on annoying his fans.
Deal? Besides, I'd really love to meet you. I'll just get the little 20 oz bottle of water too since I like you so much. But it doesn't mean I won't enjoy hitting you over the head with it.

3 Comments:
Looks like Nate and I might get free passes to see this at the SXSW film festival- not so sure i want to!
If Mr. Tarantino does something in a film, it is something which has to be done or art's sake. Don't be a boor. Grow a brain
Tarantino's not fallible, brainiac. Already have a brain, thanks. And you should take your own advice, ya 'boor.'
[Of course I couldn't resist commenting...]
Post a Comment
<< Home