Dogs Know Best
Saturday night I was responsible for my best friend S and her boyfriend N having loads and loads of fun! And all I had to do was make a phone call and send a few emails. From nearly 2,000 miles away, even! Am I talented, or what?
Well, or what.
Here's the story:
You folks reading this blog recall A. I had a crush, Simon almost bit his nose off, he came by recently, I decided I didn't like him like him anymore (as Kevin Arnold would say from the Wonder Years) and all was well with the world. I did end up running into him the first day at my new job at a Baja Fresh, about 3 or 4 weeks ago. We all know how small a town L.A. is. What are the odds. So we chat for a bit, he tells me he's got this reunion show coming up with his old band in Austin. This is the old band I really liked when I was 13. It was also the time I selected A to be my man. Oh yeah. This is why it's bad to select men when you're 13. It takes until you're 30 to go oh shit, what was I thinking. Regardless, I did consider the fella a new friend.
I won't go into the stupidity of his stupid tattooes. I won't go into the fact that the dude can't dress himself appropriately. I won't go into the fact that he's too old to be kicking around with his old pals from the band. I won't go into the fact that he's a flake.
What I will go into is the fact that this stupid idiot shunned my best friend. I told him she wanted to check out the show, he was all for it, he told me to tell her to "come back and say hi." He was expecting her. So she went back and she said hi. What did this idiot do? Glom onto two hard-living and weather-beaten beleathered and most likely spandexed high-haired groupie-types and ignore my best friend. She ended up turning and walking out.
I wouldn't give a shit if it had happened to someone I didn't much care about. But damn him for being rude to her. And really A, on a side note, you KNOW damn good and well she was the best-looking woman in the joint by far and she talked to you? What also pisses me off is that he represented me. I don't care how the guy looks - I'm very forgiving when it comes to how people want to look. But I draw the line at being an asshole. You can have stupid tattooes. Wear mesh shirts. Be eccentric, be a dork, be a flake, love Star Trek. I don't give a fuck. But don't be a fucking rude bastard to any of my friends when they've spent time to come see you on my fucking behalf you stupid fucking idiot.
So there you have it. I suppose it goes to show that dogs are always right. Simon nearly bit off his nose. Simon also hated Tim, the guy I had to physically toss out of my apartment back in Dallas. When will I get a clue and pay attention to my brilliant dog?!
I didn't do much after scarfing down the McDonalds fare. I couldn't eat it all though, which I suppose is a good thing. How do people eat that stuff every day? I did go up to Griffith Park for the first time since I've lived here which is pretty insane, considering I've been here 8 months and the park is less than a mile away...what took me so damn long? You could walk there from here, which is pretty nice...I did drive up to the top and look out over L.A. and cursed myself for not bringing my digital camera because it would have been a beautiful shot and I could have posted it here. Alas...I thought it might be a good idea to take my laptop to a new location to try to write which was the impetus behind the park in the first place. Well, that and the heat. Didn't work. Sat there staring at damn script hating the damn thing and promptly called S for the story of last night which I just relayed above...
You know, I didn't do a damn thing this weekend. Didn't do the laundry, didn't go to the grocery store, didn't go to the bank. Wow. I was a complete slug. Completely worthless! It was 93 degrees yesterday which just sapped any motivation I may have had to do anything in the first place, I suppose.
I miss E and I can't write. Because of these two I have no release of any kind and I'll tell ya what, it's wearing on me. One of these has to give.
Well, or what.
Here's the story:
You folks reading this blog recall A. I had a crush, Simon almost bit his nose off, he came by recently, I decided I didn't like him like him anymore (as Kevin Arnold would say from the Wonder Years) and all was well with the world. I did end up running into him the first day at my new job at a Baja Fresh, about 3 or 4 weeks ago. We all know how small a town L.A. is. What are the odds. So we chat for a bit, he tells me he's got this reunion show coming up with his old band in Austin. This is the old band I really liked when I was 13. It was also the time I selected A to be my man. Oh yeah. This is why it's bad to select men when you're 13. It takes until you're 30 to go oh shit, what was I thinking. Regardless, I did consider the fella a new friend.
I won't go into the stupidity of his stupid tattooes. I won't go into the fact that the dude can't dress himself appropriately. I won't go into the fact that he's too old to be kicking around with his old pals from the band. I won't go into the fact that he's a flake.
What I will go into is the fact that this stupid idiot shunned my best friend. I told him she wanted to check out the show, he was all for it, he told me to tell her to "come back and say hi." He was expecting her. So she went back and she said hi. What did this idiot do? Glom onto two hard-living and weather-beaten beleathered and most likely spandexed high-haired groupie-types and ignore my best friend. She ended up turning and walking out.
I wouldn't give a shit if it had happened to someone I didn't much care about. But damn him for being rude to her. And really A, on a side note, you KNOW damn good and well she was the best-looking woman in the joint by far and she talked to you? What also pisses me off is that he represented me. I don't care how the guy looks - I'm very forgiving when it comes to how people want to look. But I draw the line at being an asshole. You can have stupid tattooes. Wear mesh shirts. Be eccentric, be a dork, be a flake, love Star Trek. I don't give a fuck. But don't be a fucking rude bastard to any of my friends when they've spent time to come see you on my fucking behalf you stupid fucking idiot.
So there you have it. I suppose it goes to show that dogs are always right. Simon nearly bit off his nose. Simon also hated Tim, the guy I had to physically toss out of my apartment back in Dallas. When will I get a clue and pay attention to my brilliant dog?!
I didn't do much after scarfing down the McDonalds fare. I couldn't eat it all though, which I suppose is a good thing. How do people eat that stuff every day? I did go up to Griffith Park for the first time since I've lived here which is pretty insane, considering I've been here 8 months and the park is less than a mile away...what took me so damn long? You could walk there from here, which is pretty nice...I did drive up to the top and look out over L.A. and cursed myself for not bringing my digital camera because it would have been a beautiful shot and I could have posted it here. Alas...I thought it might be a good idea to take my laptop to a new location to try to write which was the impetus behind the park in the first place. Well, that and the heat. Didn't work. Sat there staring at damn script hating the damn thing and promptly called S for the story of last night which I just relayed above...
You know, I didn't do a damn thing this weekend. Didn't do the laundry, didn't go to the grocery store, didn't go to the bank. Wow. I was a complete slug. Completely worthless! It was 93 degrees yesterday which just sapped any motivation I may have had to do anything in the first place, I suppose.
I miss E and I can't write. Because of these two I have no release of any kind and I'll tell ya what, it's wearing on me. One of these has to give.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home